I have been trying to decide whether to post this question or not due to the ecological considerations involved but I just can't help thinking about it!

We do not have big hatches of any insect different than midges and mosquitoes and then they are not as big or last as long as other insects' hacthes.

I happen to dream about thousands of mayflies and other insects of the kind filling the air above hungry frentic trout.

Here are my considerations:

Trout is an alien species here in Colombia and some studies have revealed that their size is under the average seen in other places where they were also introduced like Chile, and that it is due to the lack of insects and other aquatic life forms that would sustain large populations with large specimens.

If trout did help in the extintion or notorious decrease of native species that's already irreversible or very difficult to reverse. If trout have already been introduced to any water siutable of being stocked many years ago, why not helping a now stablished population to have better conditions by introducing another living form that may help raise the standards of those populations?

(with the possibility of generating income to riverside communities that may benefit from more fishermen and women viisting, as well as other fields of the market like fishing stores, etc.)

So my questions are as follows:

1- Are mayflies and other ephemera species considered dangerous or harmful if introduced to places that don't have them? Why?

2- Would that process of introducing them be difficult in terms of transporting the eggs, finding very specific conditions in which they live, etc.?

3- Speaking of ethics and ecological issues and all sort of other phylosophical and "spiritual" considerations, what do you think about it?

I hope not to hurt any feelings or anything, and surely don't want to be stoned,

thx

Dave