nay nay nay

I have to fly from Boston to Minneapolis on occasion. They are the only game in that town. Flights are rediculously expensive to begin with. Secondly it costs a fortune to switch a flight. I arrived early one time and the cost to change from one empty plane to another empty plane 1 hour earlier was $150 bucks. A total sham if you ask me. I much prefer the Southwest method where they let you change for free if the seat is available.

The final nail in the coffin for me was that they downgraded me from first class to coach to give one of thier more frequent fliers my seat which I paid a first class fare for. Do you know what they gave me in exchange? A "Sorry, but you bought a "reduced" first class fare and therefore we are not obliged to give you the first class seat".

A coach fare on that flight was $650. I paid $1100 which is what their website asked me for to get the first class seat. Apparently the "real" first class fare was $1400. Did they give me the $450 back - not a chance. Did they at least give me a meal? Not a chance.