I don't know, if others like to do such "weird things" as I like to do, but one thing I really enjoy when tying standard patterns gets "a bit boring", is to sift through old books and magazines, I have lying around, (about 5 feet deep in most places at least measurement), and try and tie some pattern I've never seen before, or, a pattern I've seen but forgotten about.

So, yesterday, while trying to navigate my tying room, the lamp on my spelunker's hat, burned out and in the dark I tripped over an issue of "Fly Fishing" from 1984.

After reviving the parakeet and getting the lights on again, I sat down and tied up the below pictured caddis pattern, from the magazine.
The article labels it; "The Perfect October Caddis".
Maybe, this particular caddis pattern is still popular and being tied, still, today but I sure haven't seen it, in many years.
Anyway, I happen to believe that "A fly is only as good as the fish it catches", so taking a few of these out on the Necanicum today..... I returned home a happy duck after netting 11 fish, using this one fly.

If you'd care to tie it, the secret formula is:
Hook: Mustad 94840 #6
Thread: Uni-8/0 black
Tail: None
Body: Spun and clipped-orange deer hair-(very fine, what we call
"Coastal Deer Hair").
Palmered Through body: Ginger Rooster Neck.
Wing: Elk Hair, Stacked & Even.
Hackle Collar: Black Rooster Neck
Head: Spun & Shaped Deer Hair, same as body, natural.
Antenna: Moose Mane- 3 to 3.5" long.