+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Northern Ohio Fly Tying Expo

Default Northern Ohio Fly Tying Expo

Saturday, January 5, 2008 from 8:30 to 4:00 in the gymnasium of the Eastern Campus of Cuyahoga Community College in Highland Hills, Ohio.

Vendors galore and over 50 fly tiers exhibiting their talent. Free Beginner Fly Tying and seminars with admission. Food available onsite. Free Parking.

Details and hotel information on the website at:

www.expo2008.ncff.net
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

I'm going. Let's see how many FAOLers will be there & we can have a little get together....maybe go out after the show for dinner & some BS!!

Post HERE if you'll be there & I'll PM you with my cell# so we can meet.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Default Show Update

OK, boyz & girls, here is some late breaking news. FAOL Sponsor, Hook & Hackle, will be a vendor at this year's show. Ron called me this morning and confirmed that he would be there, and asked what he should bring. Well, most of you know how much I enjoy that Tradition II 7'-9" 4-piece 3wt that I built for the MI FI back in July, and it's an understatement that I promote that rod as THE most economical kit a new builder can get started with, so Ron said he'll load up a bunch and haul them to the show. He also coerced one of his guys to take my place and do the rod building seminar using one of these kits. At least now there will be someone competent to do the seminar and answer any questions you might have about the rods they carry.

Ron is also bringing their new line of chemically sharpened hooks that are private labeled just for H&H, and he told me nobody can touch his price for these hooks. Be sure to stop by and let Ron know that we appreciate his sponsorship on FAOL.

Should be a great show with H&H there and so many FAOL'ers on hand as attendees and fly tiers. This has to give a warm & fuzzy feeling for JC & LF to see so many of us coming together like this.

I'll update the seminar web page tonight to reflect H&H on the vendor roster and seminars schedule.

Any questions can be answered on the website at www.expo2008.ncff.net

See you at the show!

Joe

P.S. Just in case you might be wondering, yours truly does not benefit in any way, shape, manner or form from promoting H&H. So there!
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Great news regarding H&H.....Ron's a great guy & always has some SUPER buys at any show he attends.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Joe,

So sorry I'm not posting this earlier. Very much wanted to make it out to your event. All of a sudden way too much to do got put on my plate.

Just wondering if you had posted a folow-up to the event. Would love to read it.

Jim
    There are three ways to complete a project. The right way, the wrong way or the Boss' way. You'd best learn the Boss' way.

+ Reply to Thread