Dear fly goddess,

Getting back to the thread and your response about about length of tubes versus diameter I have to say it's all about displacement.

For example Creek Company says their 1018 with 10 foot long X 18" diameter tubes has a capacity of 400 pounds.

Scadden claims a capacity of 700 pounds for their Skykomish Sunrise with 10' 6" tubes of 16" diameter.

The volume of a cylinder = pi x the radius squared x the height

Forgetting about rocker and assuming that both Creek Company and Scadden support their boats with true cylinders then Scadden's math is horrible wrong.

Creek Company

3.14 x 81 x 10 = 2500 plus

Scadden

3.14 x 64 x 10.5 = 2110

The Creek Company boat actually has 20 percent more carrying capacity than the Scadden boat, it's simple math.

Another thing that frosts me about Scadden is that he has suggested retail prices for all his boats. I'll buy you a house if you can produce for me 2 people who actually paid suggested retail for his boats? The Skykomish Sunrise has a retail of $ 1600.00 but yet Cabela's sells it for $ 999.99 and often offers free shipping.

He may be the greatest guy in the world and he may make some truly innovative boats but to me he sucks at math and for that reason alone I'd have a hard time time buying any of his products.

It may not be his intent, but to me he just seems terribly dishonest?

Best Wishes,
Avalon