+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Rocky River > Cleveland Ohio

Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

And He'll drag me kicking and screaming

of course away from the river.

Jim

Please check the update above in Sean's latest posting. Doesn't look good. Heading out to check how bad.
    Jim
    Last edited by fivedials; 02-05-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Updating
    There are three ways to complete a project. The right way, the wrong way or the Boss' way. You'd best learn the Boss' way.

Exclamation Wow !

In Northern Ohio it rains....the river goes up....and on the weekend we fish. Well I've just made my almost daily treck down the hill and I have some very bad news.

The River is inches away from breaking over the majority of its reinforcing walls. At bends in the river that have not been reinforced the river is over its banks. As a matter of fact I wouldn't be surprized to see parts of the Metroparks closed off to traffic due to the river overflowing.

Were expected to get 2 - 3 more inches of rain tonight. I don't think the might Rocky can take any more.

Jim
    There are three ways to complete a project. The right way, the wrong way or the Boss' way. You'd best learn the Boss' way.

Exclamation The mighty Rocky spills its banks

http://blogs.clemetparks.com/rocky-r...ishing-report/

For those of you that look forward to us updating the fishing report need only look at the pictures. As I suspected the River would soon spill over its banks. It is amazing to look at the force of nature and how far water will rise when it has nowhere to go. In the first couple of pictures what you don't see is a wall to keep the river from erroding the road. The wall is a good 10 to 12 feet tall when the river is at its normal levels.

Sean and I usually fish near the bridge in the later photos. To give you a sence of water level...in the Summer I could walk under that bridge with my 9' rod extended in my hand and not even come close to scratching the underside.

Jim

Water a little high? We have sure had a wet week here in Ohio.
    Mike
    Last edited by ohiotuber; 02-08-2008 at 04:05 AM.
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

To say the least the river is high. It was at the high water mark for some time, then it rained and hard.
    Because the river has been up for some time it won't take long for the river to become fishable. Finding
    parking in under 3 feet of water will be a premium.

The up side, you can launch a boat on the baseball fields. The down side, you wont be able to recover
    your boat till some time after St. Patrick's Day on a lottery bassis at the normal launch and recovery
    locations.

Respectfully,
    Sean
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

Febuary 21, 2008

It's darkest before the dawn.

How many freezings in a darkest and thaws in a dawn? I hope this is the last one of the year.

http://blogs.clemetparks.com/rocky-r...ishing-report/
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

+ Reply to Thread