+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Something For All Members To Get Involved With!

Blog Entries

If it comes to it, I'll get us a Gates Lodge hat and we can start the party all over again...

Ed

Ed, Thank You! You're a true, gentle.......... you're a fine and upstanding............... you're really a.........................
    well, forget that.
    Anyway........... if it DOES come down to "starting all over again", maybe this go-around we can use an FAOL hat? Might was well make it as fitting as possible, eh?
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Keep the Faith, Boys. I still think we'll see it yet!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Your Royal Highness Of The House Of White Cheddar;
    IF, perchance, "THE HAT", does NOT make the MIFI, please let me know, (since I had to cancel going) and I'll pay for the FAOL hat, to get the ball, (or the hat), rolling again.
    I kinda hate to lose my hat, after all this it's been through, but I'd rather see this thing Joe and I started, through to the end, anyhow!!
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes, I'm ok, I sent Joe a message, and betty, just got the hat, will send it out from Kirksville, MO on Monday to Joes house, or if you want me to send it to gate's I can do that as well. Health of family/friends etc... is fine (knock on wood). We are just extremely short at work, and being the new "big wig" I am busy, busy, busy, etc.... so even though I was on, I didn't check the sound off (naughty boy I know), I was looking for pike/muskie flies on the fly tying sections. Joe, let me know if it will make it to your house, or if you want me to send it to Gates.

Drew
    "I don't drink anymore, I freeze it and eat it like a popsicle"

Wink

Let me re-phrase on the "just got the hat", so no harm comes to ohio fisher. Just getting it was on the Friday before Fathers day (13th), I also received a new bladder for my creek company pontoon on the same day (which obviously took up a little of my time), and did not put 2 and 2 together about the hat (even 30 somethings have mental lapses), until I saw who and where it was from. Then yesterday betty emailed me about it, which put a hurry on getting it done and out. Like I said I didn't check my messages, so it was totally my fault. Again it should make it in plenty of time. June 30th is the kick off, so let me know this weekend if you want it sent to gates or joe's still. Or Betty could stop by my house on the way up after building me a 10 weight rod (hee hee). Also if anyone has a pharmacist in the family that would move to Kirksville, please send them my way.

Drew
    "I don't drink anymore, I freeze it and eat it like a popsicle"

Ok kids. I've PM'd mnklagoon for his addy, so hopefully the hat will move along once again. There's currently only one more name on the list after mnklagoon, so if you want to be part of the signing, let me know and I'll put you on the list.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Well, boyz & gerlz, the Berkley hat is officially in limbo. I've PM'd the last two names on the list, and learned that mnklagoon is traveling for several weeks and begged off until his return, and I've not heard back from hugefish_80 since I PM'd him a couple days ago. He could be vacationing or simply ignoring me because of my residual garlic & onion breath left over from the MIFI, not to mention the pickled okra and limburger cheese (thanks Brad).

I guess this tells me that we've come to the end of the line for people who will have anything to do with me or Paul, and essentially have run out of friends in seven short months.

If nobody else wants in on this fiasco, I will consult with the Commish on the Left Coast and contrive a plan to put an end to this foolishness and start some other sort of scheme to get toyz and prizes sent our way. The cache was pretty good, and lots of stuff was deposited at the MIFI for all to share, because the package became oversized. I still have a bag of goodies, but they now fit in a Priority Envelope like this started out with.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Well, that is a shame!! SO MANY...................handsome and lovely, faces not yet "matched up to names", here on the BB!!
    Now, I do still have the original "Berkley Trilene Red Vinyl Tackle Tote Bag", but that may be too large and get too heavy to ship from person to person if it's filled with trinkets along the way. It would easily fit into the USPS "Flat Rate" large box, but that still is a little over $8.00 to ship,(although, that "little over $8.00", is good up to 55 pounds, though, too!?!
    Joe, contact me, when your breath is better and maybe we can figure something out.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Question

I probably missed the post somewhere, but did the hat make the MIFI and was there some sort of ceremony?
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread