+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saturday Evening (7-9) Chat

Default Saturday Evening (7-9) Chat

Can someone explain to me how this is going to work?
    For those of us who speak only English, will we see English AND Spanish. Similarly, same question for those who only speak Spanish?
    Will the translator or system be able to keep up with the conversations? I'm sure there are other questions about how that Chat will function.

Allan

David Marin (dphotoco) who is the Host of the Spanish language chat on Sat. evening is the person who translated Al Campbell's fly tying instruction into spanish for us.

Do I need to say he does read, speak and writes English?

The translation of his host name, Oreja de Liebre is Hare's Ear his favorite fly.

We do have a huge spanish language readership, so we hope they will find the Sat. Chat more user friendly. They and you are welcome in any of our Chats at any time.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

JC?LF,

Thanks for the clarifications.

Allan

Allan:

I had the idea of a spanish chat after LF told me about the number of readers enjoying the translated series from Al Campbell.

Of course I would like to see a vast majority of spanish sepaking people on the chat between 7-9EST on saturday nights but will try to translate, if necessary, any terms or whatever to anyone who'd have the need.

I am sure that many of the spanish speaking visitors will speak english too, at least to a point, so I hope to have a little help when and if a simultaneous translation is needed.

I hope other -english speaking- members won't feel displaced or not welcome on the chat just because it is dedicated to spanish speaking visitors.

I need to say that a great % of all my fly fishing knowledge (other than the one you get on the water, of course) I have it because one day google took me here.

This effort to translate some series and to host the spanish chat is just my way to say thank you to FAOL and of course a way to help many people that I now have a hard time finding info in their own language, even more when self teaching is your only way to get into the sport, which is the case for a lot of fishermen and women from many spanish sepaking countries where there isn't too much of a fly fishing culture or tradition.

So this is just my small contribution to make this community even bigger and better. Hopefully it will help a lot of people improve their skills and knowledge of the sport which will for sure bring more people to this art form or at least get them to know each other!

Dave

Way to go Dave! My Spanish is limited to some menue items and a morning and evening greeting. Beyond that, I'm lost. Still, it helps bring new folks to the site and that is way cool!

Happy Trails!
    Ronn
    Happy Trails!
    Ronn

http://ronnlucassr.com/

+ Reply to Thread