I just wanted to take the time to wish all of you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy, and pro$perous New Year! (Although.. 'prosperous' doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things compared to 'health'.)
I've been fishing for 7 years now. Both fly and spin fishing...and flyfishing means so much more to me. I love both kinds. But fly fishing seems such a natural and more sporting way to fish.
There's something about standing in the middle of God's beautiful creation, and tempting a fellow creature,who lives its life unfettered by the things in life WE are bound by; by taking a piece of bent metal...dressed with fur and feather...into something...SOMETHING...which resembles something it would eat; and the satisfaction which comes along with the catching of that beautiful creature, be it sunfish, chub, bass, trout, or salmon, with a fly made of your own two hands! And I don't care how big the fish is!
Flyfishing really is an all-emcompassing experience. Catching sure is great, but everything else which goes along with it makes it all that much better.

I love music so much. I've spent -and still spend- my life pursuing it. But the joy, solitude and peace I get from fishing.... I can't describe.
I truly hope you all feel the way I do.

To you all, peace.

Sincerely,
Larry 'Bad Luck' Ioannidis