Quote Originally Posted by Gnu Bee Flyer
Larry thanks for that , You nailed it my friend. I feel about the same as you do about Christmas and the folks on this wonderful site.

I was stationed on an isolated Island for about 10 years. We had to order everything including our food from Eaton?s or Simpson?s Sears catalogues . Then it was a 6-8 week wait for it to arrive on our tiny island. Freight day was a huge event not to be missed. For ten long years I missed not having a store to shop at or new people to talk to.
That?s part of why I love this time of year, I love the crowds even love the traffic. Yesterday on an outing my wife nudged me and pointed to a young boy as He walked hand and hand with His Dad thru the snow. His Dad was explaining about reindeer to him and how magic ones could fly. The little guys eyes were big with wonder and delight. My wife and I shared a smile as we listened in.
We watched the neighbourhood kids making snow angels and snow men. They were happily running around chasing each other and squealing with laughter, how wonderful us old folks were allowed to watch.
We stopped to watch a snowball fight at a public park. Suddenly a frosty missile flew by my head. Several of the combatants grabbed for more snow to pelt us with. My reaction was to get the heck out of there but before I could even retreat a young girl shrilly called out to Her friends ?Hey you dummies stop that can?t you see He?s got a cane?? apparently that made the two of us off limits. I?m sure somewhere in the dim past of yesteryear I had forgotten that rule but every child there Gnu it and so I was saved. My wife looked at me an said you were gonna run weren't you. I just grinned back and said Baby you were dead meat till the cane rule kicked in and saved yer butt. She hit me with a snowball to the delight of the children.

At the mall I am like a kid in a candy store. I love the hustle and bustle the smells and the reminders everywhere of Christmases past. Everywhere I look something reminds me of my childhood Christmas. From familiar toys I had or my Kids had when they were small, the trees lit up and rows of toys waiting to be bought.

I love the bite of snow in the air the Music of Christmas, and the smells of Christmas. I love visiting with friends and family at this time of Year sharing in on the wonderful goings on.

Most of all I love that this is the Season that my Precious Jesus was born . I sometimes have to remind myself of that through all this hustle and bustle. I am humbled to know that the reason for all of my joy is He who was born that day.

^^^^ WOW, thanks........beautiful

Merry Christmas All