+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: it cant get any better than this!

Default it cant get any better than this!

i joined this sight in april. since then ive bought an old martin fly reel from the 50's, just ordered a 7-11 superfine from bugsy, and had all kinds of questions answered.i dont know guys and gals but can it get any better? hmmmmmmmm only if i can make it to the michigan fish-in lol. my name is chris . i live in mississippi and its a pleasure to be part of this group.
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Default Re: it cant get any better than this!

You are right Chris, It doesn't get much better than this sight.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
    Wyo-Blizzard

nighthawk Guest

Welcome Chris!

Chris,

Welcome to FAOL and you are right on! It does not get any better than this! Great site that is run by 2 mighty fine people.

By the way, I have relatives in Macon, Brooksville, Louisville and other towns in Mississippi.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Welcome Chris, well, yes it can get even better. When you find you are helping more than receiving help yourself. It may take a little while, but I think it may be sooner than you might think.

Welcome to FAOL, Chris!
    Like JC, just stated..... "It isn't long, before you begin to give back in part of what you've taken away, from this site and these boards".
    I still find it it amazing- that so many things I've read on these posts, I've ended up saying to myself, (after 30+ years at slinging the long rod and making fish laugh until their pectorals hurt at my efforts), "Man! WHY, didn't I think of that?" "Hey! I, just, bet that WOULD work!", etc.
    But, in return, we often (in my case, anyway, it's done by mistake), say something in response to a given post, that someone else may actually find useful, hadn't thought of, or, thinks it works better than the way they've been doing it.
    Glad you're here, I hope you enjoy yourself! (It's darn near impossible,NOT to, to be honest!).
    Paul
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hey Chris, welcome aboard... JC, I couldn't have thought of a better way to say it.

Tim
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Welcome aboard Chris,

I'm kinda new too, and beleive me I have learned alot....but I don't think I've scratched the surface of what can be learned from this bunch.

Merry Christmas all
    Carl

Every day above ground is a good day

AND ... we'll see you in Michigan!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Welcome Chris. I'm an old Mississippi boy myself. I know a great private lake near Clinton you could fish. Look forward to seeing you at the MI Fish In.
    God Bless America

+ Reply to Thread