The Teeny T series lines with the 24ft head were originally designed by Jim Teeny for fishing for salmon and steelhead in rivers as a simpler approach to do-it-yourself shooting head creation.

The later TS series extended the sinking shooting head portion 6 feet to 30 feet head to facilitate longer casts often required in a saltwater environment, or even on lakes.

The Mini Tip line (5 foot high density sink tip) was also designed for shallow rivers.

I use the original T series and the Mini Tip lines extensively or freshwater fishing in both rivers and lakes for species such as panfish, bass, trout, lake trout, pike, walleye, striped bass and other species. I use a T-130 on 4 through 6wt rods and a T200 on 6-7wt rods and T-300 on 8-9 wt rods as my primary sinking lines for most freshwater applications, and the Mini Tip lines in a 4wt and 6wt for a lot of shallow stream and pond fishing. I find the shorter head of the T series beneficial when fishing from a float tube as compared to the 30 ft head of the TS series. The floating shooting line on the T and the TS series is also great for mending the line in moving water applications. I have used these lines in warmwater and coldwater and they perform well in both conditions.

The Basic Sink lines from the Small Water series (Similar to T series but with 20 foot sink tips and only 60ft long)

The Teeny Professional Series "Gary LaFontaine" line is a pretty good dry fly line (it is marketed as being optimized for dry fly and shallow nymphing.

Teeny makes more than 20 types of flylines, such as lines for stripers, carp, billfish, streamer fishing, long distance casting, beginning casters, and so on but the only ones I am familiar with from actual usage are those listed above. I'm sure they all work just as well in fresh as in saltwater given that they match up with the environmental conditions well - i.e. the lines developed for the tropics probably work quite well fishing an impoundment in Australia for Barramundi, but not so well fishing for Lake Trout in a subarctic lake.