Slight rant here. But I'm really looking for some answers and wanting to learn if there is something to learn.

If there is anyone that knows why and when they release water, please let me know. Ok I do know they release water if the pool gets too high or they need to generate some electrons for power use. Iknow they release to help cool the stream down in the summer so the trout don't die.

But why on Earth does Caney Fork(Center Hill dam) release water from 8-10am every day this time of year!? Can't they do that in the middle of the night and allow us to fish during the day ininterrupted when power use isn't in that great of demand(67 degrees yesterday) and the fact water pool is a little low as it is now?
I know at Norfork in Arkansas they run from about 3-5 am mostly when demand is low. Granted Norfork is only about 4 miles long.

Where I fish on the Caney is about 3 hours downstream from the dam so I can fish until about 11 am before the water rises and then have to go closer to the dam(with everyone else!) where the water is now receeding. During low-light-hour days the water doesn't have time to receed back down before it gets dark at my usual starting point(3hrs downstream).

Anyone know why they release water the way they do at Center Hill?
Or is it simply no one wants to work the dam in the wee hrs of the night?