+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive Women's Waders that Fit???

Default Inexpensive Women's Waders that Fit???

Does an inexpensive women's wader that has a resonable fit exist?

The fit on women's wader seem to jump from something that would fit a thin teenager up to something that looks like it would fit a small giant. Does anyone make a wader that fits any average sized female at a reasonable price? We?ve already been to Cabela?s and that?s when I found out that this wasn?t going to be easy to find. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Rex

Default Re: Inexpensive Women's Waders that Fit???

Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Rex,

Give up now.

There is no such thing as an 'avergae sized female'.

That's why things like that are so hard to find.

You see, a guy will put up with a pair of waders that are a bit baggy, a bit tight, or a bit short/long. As long as he can fish in them,he's fine. Guys look at things like durability, comfort, and function.

Waders aren't supposed to look good or fit like a dress/slacks or any other 'normal' type of clothing. The are for fishing in.

Good Luck!

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Here's a link for you to consider: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ers&category0=

There is a lot of women's waders at very good prices. The demand for them is lower than a man's waders. Don't tell my teenage son, but he might very well end up with a set of woman's waders that fit him fine for half of the price the same wader would cost if it were sold to a man. I just care about being dry and a reasonable fit.

Here is a link to a Simms size chart, they aren't inexpensive, but they are definately quality and you can still find good product on Ebay reasonable: http://www.simmsfishing.com/simms/im...e_Chart_07.pdf

And an Orvis size chart: http://www.orvis.com/intro.asp?dir_i...%3D2832&bhqs=1

Good luck with your search,

Rick

hutjensmpg Guest

For what it's worth, my girlfriend last year tried on many pair and didn't find any that she felt 'fit' well. Eventually she ended up with a Simms pair that she didn't hate too much. To echo an earlier post, I'm not sure there is such a thing as a standard women's fit or anything resembling a standard women's wader, even in those labeled as for women.

Sure, but try to convince them of that, not a chance. A males and a females idea of 'fit' are from different planets. There are custom made waders that will more closely conform to any persons unique body, but they are not cheap. When she is willing to accept that waders are made to 'work good' not 'look good' then she will be content. She is going fishing to get fish,,, not impress them.

There have been several attempts over the decades by some women of note and some companies to accomplish her desire. None have succeeded that I know of, but most will claim they have designed them for both men and women. And there seems to be a difference in the styles.

Years ago, when my wife and a few other ladies bought waders, the option was often color; tan, brown or gray. They expected them to look like waders. Waders looked like that. They either wore them or waded wet or stayed home.

I do not believe there is such an animal as women's fitted waders. Waders are a utility. Fitted is a state of mind. Waders are designed to keep you dry while fishing, not to be a fashion statement while sitting on the banks with a glass of wine. Get a good pair of waders, fish, and stay dry. Hang the fashion fit.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

If you can find a set of waders that do offer some sense of fashion and fit and they cost the same, that wouldn't hurt anything. The larger companies would be able to afford this kind of fit on a product that isn't as much of a money maker since the lower volume of sales.
    Here is another vendor that might be able to provide both in addition to Simms and Orvis: http://www.patagonia.com/usa/product...S.TROUT.WADERS

Click on a specific wader then there is an option to click on a size chart. After you find what you want, check Ebay for more aggressive pricing.

Rick

Looks like I should at least mention that we have a few sponsors who do sell waders too. You can find them on the sponsors page, you know,,, those companies that support FAOL and growing fly fishing...

Yep! A good many of them! And they build great "uni-body" waders for flyfishers!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread