Blog Entries

Default A Foot of snow on the ground...

Think spring!

When you arise in the morning, think of what a
    precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think,
    to enjoy, to love.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Blog Entries

Default Re: A Foot of snow on the ground...

after reading youre story "the wind in the trees", it looks like you really are practicing what you preach. not a single pic of a fish!
    thanks for sharing the photos. ive definitely already got a bad case of fishing withdrawl. cant wait till spring

White is pretty also. Here is that city river I fished this summer as of last Saturday:

During the week it warmed up a little plus mixed with rain, there was only a few mound of snow yesterday. Today....well, a little more than last week and still coming.......OUCH! my aching back!
    And this stuff is full of water....HEAVY! Great snow ball or snowman snow, but hard on the shovel. We are now above our expected water level WAHOO! keep a coming and don't forget Idaho!

You are not going to believe this, but here it is, December 8 and we have no measurable snow on the ground on the Kenai Peninsula Alaska!!! As a fishing guide who also likes to snowboard, I am only dreaming of a white Christmas... So, if you are feeling kinda blue because of achy backs, send som eof that white stuff up here....

Bud, just bought Momma a new digital camera, a Canon XTi. You're going to have to give Tammy some lessons on how to take all of these wonderful shots.

Please let it warm up so I can go fly fishing. I stopped by one of my favorite carp spots in a small river tonight. Got out of the van and walked through 8 or 9" of snow to see if I could get a glimpse of any fish in the water. Nothing there that I could see at 11 F. I stepped back into the van and told my daughter that she would land some nice carp on her fly rod at this very spot when it warms up. I have the itch really badly, but the chat boards are keeping me company until I can hit the water again.

Rick

Blog Entries

In Nashville it is currently 01:03 (AM) and the weather is 61 F (~16 C) and foggy. I expect that Jack Hise &/or WarrenP went fishing on Saturday. I got to work...
    Not that I'm jealous or anything...

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by EdD
    In Nashville it is currently 01:03 (AM) and the weather is 61 F (~16 C) and foggy. I expect that Jack Hise &/or WarrenP went fishing on Saturday. I got to work...
    Not that I'm jealous or anything...

Ed
    At 1:30 am it's currently 12 F and light snow. Ed, you make me jealous.

Rick

hutjensmpg Guest

We've got almost a foot in the Twin Cities from the last couple of snowfalls and it's currently 6F outside. Glad I'm warm inside and playing some internet poker...

Spinner,
    Thanks for the flashback. I could almost smell the flowers. And I swear I heard bugs flying around.
    No snow here in eastern Washington, but way too cold for these old bones. I miss the sweet smell of a warm Spring breeze.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Ed;
    Yep, we fished the Duck below Courtners Mill yesterday. Warren, I and gemrod hooked over 70 trout and a few Blue Gills. Temp. was in the mid 60's and we even had a brief rain shower. For the next few days it's going to be in the 70's so I think we may try our luck on the Elk River today.

P.S. Anyone suffering a severe case of "Shack Nasties" come on down! I have a spare bedroom.

+ Reply to Thread