We're going to be spending Christmas break with my Dad in The Villages, FL, and for a variety of reasons, I'd like to get him out of the house and re-involved in fishing, a pasttime he once enjoyed immensely. We lost Mom to congestive heart failure last month, and I really want to help Dad get out of the house and become more active.

Are any of you good FAOLers familiar with fishing in the immediate area in and around The Villages? My web searches have turned up public fishing piers in adjacent counties, which would seem to be an option given his limited mobility and our lack of a boat, but almost nothing about public access to fishing closer to his home. In past trips, I've noticed many ponds associated with The Villages' numerous golf courses; can they be fished? (Those would be ideal because he can get anywhere within The Villages in his golf cart.)

I'm not looking for anyone's "honey holes" or trophy spots, just someplace we can find a few decent panfish, or maybe a bass or two. Any advice, guidance, or suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
--Rog