Hey Y'all ! We have two grown daughters living in San Diego these days. We're headed that way at Christmas this year for a few days. Question I have is about charter boats for deep sea fishin' off the coast there, maybe whale watchin'. No I ain't talkin flyfishin', but this is fun, all the same. And my family ain't all fishermen, sorry to say. I'm totally unfamiliar with the area and what it offers for ocean fishing charters, and such. Used to have a boat with my Dad, moored at Crescent City, CA, for a couple years back in the late 70's, so I'm not a total rookie to the ocean fishin' scene, but it's been many years, and I'm from up Oregon way now, so I'm a bit of a newbie to it now. Hopin' some of you guys out there maybe have a little experience down that way, and could point me in the right direction. I don't wanna just walk in like a green rookie, all fuzzy cheeked and wet behind the ears. I'm thinking of a family daytrip, two little granddaughters and all........................................thanks. .....................Dan from Modoc