I am a lefty and have been tying for over 50 years. There sure was a shortage of teaching material back then, although J. Edson Leanard is still a greast source. I guess that studying the pictures and reading instructions from a short supply of literature produced a right handed tyer. I never felt handicapped or any form of deprivation. When I look at this subject from time to time it does not appear to be a left handed/right handed issue. There is plenty of work for both hands to do. That is my opinion, of course. About a year ago I responded to a similar question as yours. One commenter to my reply took strong umbrage with my comments and saw fit to scold me. I still tie the way I learned as a young boy. I would suggest trying some simple operations first ,in the "right handed" mode Compare "left handed" and determine for yourself if the mountain is too high to climb. You might find this investment of your time might make it easier to learn more advanced processes directly from their original presentation.

Gerry L.