+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joe V's Chicken Cordon Blue

Default Joe V's Chicken Cordon Blue

Joe,
    Thanks for your great Chicken Recipe!! It almost makes me cry to think it is off limits! One thing for sure is if I lived at your house, I would be eating like a King! AND.......Gaining weight!!!

Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Re: Joe V's Chicken Cordon Blue

Doug, ... Gaining weight, ... I gained a few pounds just reading the recipe !!

Thanks Joe for taking the time for the pics and recipe. I'm trying that one this coming weekend!

ps. ... what are the green veggies? Looks like ocras. That's was I'll be sliding onto the plate next to yur recipe and some wild rice.
    Christopher Chin

Chris,
    I have been eating Stir Fry chicken & vegetables regularly and I have lost weight. It's amazing that I'm learning to cook. I've always been a Cooking Show fan, but never had the motivation until now.
    I hope your doing good and having better weather than we have had!

Joe,
    I think that I can cook your Cordon Blue Chicken, but bring the calories and fat down.
    Substitute Swiss Cheese with Low Fat Cheese.

Substitute Ham with Turkey Ham

Substitute Heavy Cream with a mixture of Nonfat Milk. 2 tablespoons of cornstarch & 1 tablespoon of flour.

I'll let you know if it is OK!

Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by fcch
    Doug, ... Gaining weight, ... I gained a few pounds just reading the recipe !!

Thanks Joe for taking the time for the pics and recipe. I'm trying that one this coming weekend!

ps. ... what are the green veggies? Looks like ocras. That's was I'll be sliding onto the plate next to yur recipe and some wild rice.
    Chris,

The green veggie was the last of the green beans from our garden. Steamed them and tossed them with a little butter, garlic powder and Lowrey's Seasoning Salt. EXCELLENT! We had a bumper crop this season and put lots of them in the freezer and gave away as many as we kept. Sorry to see them gone, but they were a treat on a very cold day in Cleveland. I have served broccoli with this and wild rice as well. Okra? Yuk!!!!! Takes a special constitution to eat that veggie. Double Yuk! If anyone leaves okra on my doorstep, at least I know where to send it...Overnight Express!!! LOL

Joe

Doug,

Hope your "modifications" turns out good. Be sure to let us know for those who are watching their weight.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Hey Joe...send the okra to ME! It does very well in Colleen's vegetable beef soup. It sure beats the "H" outta Spam!!!
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber
    Hey Joe...send the okra to ME! It does very well in Colleen's vegetable beef soup. It sure beats the "H" outta Spam!!!
    Mikey
    You're the first Irishman I've ever met that eats that nasty weed.

BTW, I had a SPAM & cheese omelet this morning for breakfast. Saved the can for the dashboard of my truck for the MI FI 08.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber
    Mikey
    You're the first Irishman I've ever met that eats that nasty weed.

BTW, I had a SPAM & cheese omelet this morning for breakfast. Saved the can for the dashboard of my truck for the MI FI 08.

Joe

Clearly you have neve met any Southerners of Irish extraction.

I don't care to eat it boiled. It does great work adding body and flavor to soups, jambalaya, etc, but those long, slimy pods are compost, as far as I am concerned. Cut it crosswise into short pieces, roll it in cornmeal (plain of flavored) and pan-fried, now that's a whole different story.

Ed, whose Irish ancestors orginally hailed from the West Meath area and whose Scots ancestors hailed from Caithness. (Nobody paid attention to where the English ancestors came from... )

Kudos Sir Kudos !! Had to go see what all the hub-bub was about with this chicken. Wow...nice pics, and good eats from they way it looks. Thanks for sharing this recipe....YUM YUM !! I am definitely going to have to see what I can come up with to follow that.....its going to be a chore.

Doug, you have waaaaaaayyyyyyy too much time on your hands. You need a hobby other than Emotiocon/Smiley Guru.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

+ Reply to Thread