Quote Originally Posted by qrrfish1
IF you can get a half turn out of it you may be able to disassemble the rotory stem from the standing stem. First remove the tension adjustment nut, the washer, the rotory handle, and the other washer. Next remove the jaws from the fitting. This just a precautionay step to prevent possiable damage. At that point you may wish to try and sperate the stem from stand post, by wiggling it back and froth while drawing out ward. You may also consider running the rotory stem houseing under hot water to help loosen the parts in removeing them. Be sure to have a couple towles handy for this as aluminum transfers heat realy well. Chances are the parts are either corroided or in the case of alluminum, it may have even galled a bit with a small flake of machine shaveing left behind during assembly. Either way once you have it apart the answer will likely become obvious. A little emery work on the shaft to polish it up and perhaps a dab of silicone line dressing for lube will set things back to right.
Thank you for the advice. I had already stripped it down to it's bare minimum so that the threads are completely bare on the "handle" (left) side and removed the jaws so there is nothing but the white nylon/plastic (?) disk and aluminmum bushing/spacer (?) on the "jaw" (right) side of the housing the post screws to and the rotary goes through. I removed the screw the post attaches to from this piece as well leaving a hole accessing the inner part of this piece. WD-40 was applied at either end and through the post screw hole as well. This is when I was eventually able to get it to 1/2 turn. I've since applied a little more WD and have let it sit hoping it will continue to loosen whatever may be the problem. Hopefully I'll be able to get the shaft removed and be able to see what the problem is. Unfortunately it hasn't budged yet. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for the insight though, I do greatly appreciate it. It's just baffling to me. I've never heard of anyone with this.

Brinx