I had something funny happen a couple of weeks ago I wanted to share. I went Fly Fishing at a local lake with my favorite 3wt and had been catching a few bluegills when I ambled over to a boat dock. Just as I got to the small dock a bass fisherman in a boat drove up in his boat and I motioned him to come on up since I could tell he didn't want to disturb my fishing. We bagan talking and he told me that he had caught a couple of bass and he was loading up to go home. While we were talking I saw a large black bass swim out from under the dock and without missing a beat in our conversation I pulled out my fly box and switched from my nymph to a #8 Wolly Bugger. I could tell he noticed what I was doing even though the conversation kept right on. As if on cue, just as I got the new streamer on I saw the Bass move to the front of the dock and I said "Hang on for a second". I did a small roll cast and laid the Bugger right in front of the Bass and wouldn't you know it he sucked it right up. It was a heck of a fight for my little 3wt and eventually I had to flop belly down and reach down and pull him out. He was at least 3lbs and about 16inches long. I tossed him back in and casually said to the fellow angler, "Well I can go home now, that's what I came for" We both had a good laugh and I headed for the house.

Good Times!!!