I started keeping a journal a couple of years ago and wish I had started sooner. I've had a few cases where I remember doing well on a certain river from a year or two ago, but I definitely don't remember all the details. Keeping a journal has helped me with this. Through time, I anticipate the log helping me find trends in what influences catch rates.

My friends and I had wanted to design a fishing log back in college but it took awhile for the thought to come to fruition. I've used some of the fishing log sites online and while I think most of them are pretty good, they usually lacked one thing or another that I wanted. So I invested a bunch of the time the past year+ building up my online fishing log site at:

http://onlinefishinglog.com

One of things I really like about the site is the ability to do queries on your fishing logs or all public fishing logs. This is one area that I think computers have a big advantage over keeping a written log. I can perform queries to find things like "What color of stimulator works best on overcast days in October?"