+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fly dryer motor

Default fly dryer motor

does any one know where i can find these. im looking for one that will turn at about 8 RPM with the foam and flies on it. i tried the hobby lobby site, but i couldn't find anything. any help would be great, thanks.

I havnt tried it yet but I'm going to convert my rod building rotating drier to a fly drier as well. I bought it at Home Depot, its a BBQ rotisery moter, about 10-12 rpms I believe.

Exactly^!

Just something to consider in your search for a rotisery motor. I own one I purchased at Wal-Mart and it only has a RPM of 1. Something a little faster may be better (ie, 2-3 RPM) but I use mine all the time to turn epoxy coated flies with very good results. You may want to reconsider the RPM speed you are seeking .... faster is not necessarily better.

what is the price attached to the motor at walmart, and where is it located in the store.

[This message has been edited by phatkid248 (edited 03 February 2005).]

I bought this over a year ago but believe it was ~$20-25 and I found it over in the Lawn/Garden area inside the store.

try the electronic parts catalogues....MCM or DIGIKEY....the have time clock motors in 120v and even 12v...cheap...about $5.00

wwwsurpluscenter.com 800-488-3407 page127 4.8rpm high torque motor 115volt ac item 5-1274 $3.99 also allenelectrics has the motors

[This message has been edited by sunbob (edited 03 February 2005).]

Jann's Netcraft has 36 rpm motors for something like $12.95. It a bit faster than you are looking for, but it might work.

Cabela's has one. Just go on their website and type in the keyword: Drying motor. $22.00 I have one and it works great. You just need to make a bracket for it. It runs on 110VAC.

It has a short 1/4" shaft sticking out of it. I went to Radio Shack and bought the biggest diameter standard knob with a 1/4" hole and a set screw. I then expoxied a 4" disc of stiff styrene, (hobby shop), to the knob and attached hook Velco to the disc. Then I attached the knob to the shaft with the set screw.

I then got foam of different shapes; attached the hook side of the Velcro to the foam and now I have a dryer with interchangable foam/fly holders.

+ Reply to Thread