WCU;
I didn't own the rod, myself, but fished with a buddy of mine's, on a trip this past summer. He'd bought the rod as TFO sells the NXT; "In kit form", with rod, cast aluminum reel, line, backing and even a leader was included.

I do own, a couple of TFO's other rod models, (the TFO-03-89-4-F & TFO-04-89-4-F). The workmanship is about the same as their higher end rods, like the TFO-03 & 04 series, but I did not like the "composite cork" of the NXT's cork grip. It really felt, to me anyway, like it was "opening and closing", each time the rod flexed under pressure.

Also compared to my own TFO rods, it is a very light action or "noodley" feeling rod to me. I fished my friend's rod for about one and half days, so I think I gave it a pretty fair trial all in all.

The WF line that came with the outfit, seemed to cast really well, I had no complaints about it, at all. The, reel too, was a good reel, but I don't really care for cast aluminum reels. They have a real tendency to crack, and/or, break, when/if, dropped as opposed to machined bar stock, which usually "dings' or bends and can most times be straightened.

All, in all, after a day and half on the water with my friend's outfit...................... I'd say for the price the whole shoot'in match goes for, it's a good bargain!! I think, they sell the NXT set ups for around $175.00 to $190.00 and for everything you get, the quality of the pieces, I'd say they're worth the money!

But, again, that's only my own opinion!!
Paul