WGAL Channel 8 N.B.C. of Harrisburg, Pa. had a report from Bass Pro Shops on Thanksgiving night, 11/22 . Bass Pro shops in Harrisburg had so many people camping out in their parking lot on Thursday night that they put up tents for them to warm up in. I applaud Bass Pro Shop for the forward thinking in customer care but I cannot help but wonder about the sanity of these people camping out just to save a few bucks.

Wasn't just Bass Pro Shop either. I used to be a retail manager and these people get worse every year! I honestly feel bad for those that are on limited incomes and need these sales. Usually they cannot "camp out" over night then miss out on the deals because they were not able to be first in line. I think that retailers should use the tools at their disposal to get these people a little help. I don't know how to go about it but ideas start with a single thought and there is the thought.

As for me no more Black Friday shopping. I volunteered to take Amy out as she is not recovered from her biopsy that was done on Tuesday. We only made it to three stores, one we actually never went into. They were, of course, out of the things we wanted as we were not able to wait in line due to Amy's condition so we had to wait for the lines top go down. Everyone was being rude, shoppers, sales associates and, yes, after a while, me! After being poked, run into, run over and almost run down by a clown in a minivan that would not stop for people in the cross walk, I am ashamed to say I lost my cool.

The jerk in the minivan is the one that upset the apple cart for me. He almost ran five of us over. I can take a lot but when someone endangers the lives of others like that I am going to act. I did and used a rather liberal dose of "Soldier Speak" on him. He had his window down and drove away rather quickly. I am ashamed that I lost my cool like that. I could have made a bad situation worse and to act like that in front of Amy. I looked back to see her tuck her chin, smile and say, "Honey, lets just go home. We can get everything online.". I love that woman! Oh, of course there was nary a law enforcement officer in sight.

Well enough of the rant. To those I offended out there, I apologize. Lesson learned is shop on line, shipping is now usually cheaper than gasoline anyhow.