My Bride and I have made a very significant discovery.
Its a place called the "North Fork " of the White river in Arkansas.
Big suprise right?
We had a ball.
Got blasted off the water in one spot so we ended up moving( did I mention that on a forward cast a gust of wind hit my line sooooo hard that it messed me up and I hooked my ear lobe all the way through? Well it happened. Never did want a second piercing but got one in that ear any way. Thank goodness for barbless).
The second day we moved to the confluence of the white and Norfork and had the best fishing day of our fly fishing experience. My wife lost count .I did too. Managed to catch the largest brown of my life. At least 7lbs. on a 7x tippette. The fish was too long for my net . I have never seen one that had that brilliance of colouring. I looked up to see if any one was watching or seeing what I had done and to my horror there was'nt a soul to be seen anywhere .
No witnesses , no picture (my wife had the camera) . Im not really the show off sort , I now have the memory stored away , thats what counts for me.
I want to put in a plug here for a really good fellow. Steve Dally at the "Mountain River " Fly shop. I let Steve know right off the bat that he was dealing with a cheap skate and that did'nt make a bit of difference to him at all. He clued us in on places for people with our skill level to go. Then he took us outside and gave my wife a one on one casting clinic. He surely got her casting a lot beter in 15 minutes than I could have in hours (husbands teaching wives!!!!!Ha!!!!!!!). Any way. Thanks to Steve Dally down in Arkansas at the Mountain River fly shop. If youre in the area you should go in and have a look. The prices are competative and you cant ask for a nicer bunch of folkes.
Our trip to the Mountain Home area was a resounding success and I would certainly encourage a fly angler to give it a shot. Lots of places to fish and if they get bored (say it aint so ) there are plenty of other things in the area to do.