I hope Vickie Eagle doesn?t mind my borrowing her title for the continuing saga of the women?s? fly-fishing group.

You all have been with us through questionable rep presentations to 24 women. You?ve been there through the second meeting of only 8 women. And now I can report about the fly flinging outing of yesterday!!

Of the 8 women from the second meeting, 5 showed for the first fly flinging event on the water. We gathered at a local County park early Sunday afternoon to throw flies at trouts, or anything else that swims, on a stocked lake. One woman even asked God?s forgiveness for thinking about fishing while she sat in Church ? and she was the first one on the water!! THIS is where the fun begins!! Michelle did the traditional first caster total upside down ?U? cast ? hit the ground in back, followed through with a complete arch, to hitting the water in front. After showing her some real basics, she was casting out 30 ? 40 feet!! She was the first to hook, and land, a trout!! And the second, just moments later! And the third!! The third trout was so big it drew people from their walking and jogging to watch her land it! Conservatively it was in the mid 20?s for length and better than 10 pounds! We did get pictures, but on her camera, and I don?t have them yet. Needless to say, as soon as I do I?ll post them! The others did well in their casting, and catching. Enthusiasm was very high ? much laughing, much excitement, much sharing. THIS is what it?s all about, and now they all know it too!

It is good!