+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mad or Clear Fork in Ohio????????

Default Mad or Clear Fork in Ohio????????

Any reports from the Mad or Clear Fork would be welcome. I'm going to try and get out tomorrow. Thanks.
    To Miss Nancy - She hated fishing, but loved a fisherman.

Default Re: Mad or Clear Fork in Ohio????????

You might have already seen this report, but....I fished the Mad 2 weeks ago and had my best day to date.

I was fishing North of 36 and South of Pimtown Rd. Managed one brown per hour for the 5 hours I was there (not really what I'm used to, but I'll take it). The best thing about the day was that I did not see another angler all morning.
    I pulled in bout 30 minutes before the sun came up and it was COLD! Its supposed to be like 65 tomorrow, so it should be really comfortable. I fished a Deerfield Special for a little while and didn't have a single hit. Streamers saved the day for me. I caught fish on black & crystal white/black buggers. Some whith bead chain eyes, some without and also on a conehead muddler minnow. Most of the fish came when the flies were just holding steady at the end of the swing. I didn't see any surface activity at all, but I did see 2 Autumn Sedges on the bank. I'd bet that the warmer temps should bring some more caddis action and maybe some small BWO's too. Let us know how you do.
    Leave No Trace

+ Reply to Thread