[quote=Joe Valencic]
Quote Originally Posted by "Wild One":80934
I've seen these skeins at most craft stores and wondered how useful they'd be. Thanks for the posts Joe. I do have 3 questions. 1-When tying these, (no I'm not asking for a tutorial) do you just tie it in at the tail and palmer forward? 2-Do you need to stroke the fibers back as you wrap it? and 3-Do you fish em for anything else besides Steelhead?

These are probably elementary questions that seem kind of "duh," but I just want to be sure before I buy some. Thanks.
Wild One

After wrapping a thread base from eye to bend,I tie in a marabou tail, advance the thread to the hook eye, tie the material from the eye back to the marabou and palmer it forward to the eye and tie off. I stroke the fibers back with each wrap because they are quite long and get a bit unruly. I make sure each wrap is tight to the previous wrap to maximize the bulk of the fly. You can use a bead for weight or add weight to the hook before beginning the tie. I tie these on size 6 & 4 Mustad 9674 streamer hooks for steelhead, and tie them smaller for panfish and smallmouth bass.

Joe

(Edited to add first step that I left off)[/quote:80934]

FotW submission? A don't say that it is "too easy". "Too easy" is a good thing.

Ed