I, hope, that asking about this here is the "right thread"?
I recently was given this fly rod to; "test, try out and give feedback on". However, with better fly fishermen on this site, than I am, I was wondering if anyone else has ever tried this rod and can give me some feedback on it as well!?

It's a "Sister's Compound Rod" by brand name. "Power Rod", by model name. Each and every rod is individually hand made by one gentleman, (and I may be wrong on this part, but I believe he also has a son involved in the business, too!?), in an eastern Oregon resort town, called; "Sisters".

Now, the "thing" that makes these rods so "unique to our sport', is that one rod.......... is capable of throwing a VERY wide range of fly lines, AND, throw them very well!

The rod pictured, is a 7 footer. "2pc. with another piece"!?! How's that, for a rod description?

But, it's really the only way it can be described, because this rod can throw a 10 wt. line! Or, it can also throw a 9-8-7, or a 6wt., as well. Until, that is, you "stick on it's auxiliary tip" THEN it will cast 5-4-3, or a 2wt. line!? The "axillary action tip", is 12" long and friction fits into a S/S "barrel", which is built into the main rod's blank, just aft of the tip-top.

Hard, to believe, I realize. But, I've lawn cast it and fished with it, using my 8-7-6-5-4 and 3wt. lines. (I don't have, and have not tried, a 10wt. or 2wt. with it).
I, hope, the pictures better explain this rod, than I've been able to do!?! And, of course, if anyone HAS ONE also I'd sure love your feedback on it!

With all the rods,I already own, I don't know what I'll do with this one, but my bride's sure been nice enough to give me some "ideas' as to "What I can do with yet another fly rod"!?!
Any questions, please PM me, or email to; " flybinder@flybinder.com
(And, NO! I'm not "reping" these rods, and I'm not a dealer for them, either).