Wow we just had a major windstorm here in the Okanagan. Trees down all over the place, Power out to 100,000 people for 9 hours and I missed my nap.

Just the things I saw in my neighbourhood.... two classic parked cars crushed by trees, a Mustang and a corvair. A big tree down on the side of the Baptist church. Many huge old ponderosa pines down in skaha Park. Some of these pines were huge when I was a kid 64 years ago. The canvass gazebo at the back of my house went two doors up the alley to the neighbours back yard. A tin shed flew over the neighbours fence onto the street. It is a 10ft x 10ft shed and was entirely entact , It missed the fence doing no damage , now its just sitting in the middle of the street. (That was funny as heck )
I have had about a 40x20 heavy canvas tarp that the wind gods wanted me to have cause they put it on my back porch. The kind you see on flatbed trucks. Its expensive so I expect someone will be looking for it.
I went outside to rescue the heavy doormatt only to be unable to open the door against the wind and had to go round to the back to get in.

The very best part is the yard full of leaves from two maple trees that my wife has been nagging me to rake are gone..... what a shame.

As far as I know no one was seriously hurt but the ambulances were going all day so who knows ?

Anybody else get blown down by this thing?