I've been spending a good amount of time lately reading the articles in the 'Old Flies n Stuff' section here. If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it. I just finished reading an article by Old Rupe entitled "Turn the Other Cheek."

There are a few stories told here about folks getting robbed and roughed up when fishing (usually at night). I've also read that a lot of guys are packing when they fish, just for good measure.

Where I live pretty much anywhere you fish could be considered suburbian/urban. Even when you're in the "wilderness" you still within eye sight of something man made.

How many of you won't fish a certain body of water due to "risky" conditions? How many of you pack on a regular basis? Anyone ever had to do more than leave it sitting on the hip or in the shoulder holster? I'm thinking maybe I should start packing, but a big part of me says that I'm being paranoid. I also wonder what type of reaction you get from fish cops/regular cops when you're fishing with a gun....