I am looking for a new rod to throw heavy cone head streamers. I'm looking for a 7wt (possibly an 8wt) around 9' long. I intend to use his rod mostly for fishing Westrn trout rivers fishing from a drift boat or white water raft. I would like it to be compact for travel, a 4 piece or 5 piece.

Since this rod will be used on multi-day white water trips I would like to keep the cost down, under $150 if possible. In the past my raft trips have been hard on rods, I don't want to loose a really valuable rod if I flip the boat, or have someone step in it accidentally. I have learned the hard way that I shouldn't take anything on a white water trip that I am not willing to loose or have broken. I also don't want cry about the loss if I smack that rod on a backcast with a size 2 tungsten cone head woolly bugger. I'm looking for a cheap rod that will take some abuse, but still feel good in the hand.

I own several of the Cabelas Stowaway rods, in different line weights. I am very impressed with them esp. considering they cost just a little over $100. Unfortunatelty they don't make a 7wt (I already own several #7 lines, WF, sink tip etc.)

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help, Ken