Had a thought brought about by Ricks Quote for today.

How many of us try to fish when the fishing is 'good'. You know, we try to get to the lake in spring for bass, earlier for crappie, etc., when we 'know', based on past experiences, that the fish will be there and easier to catch?

How many of us make it a point to go fishing at least once a week or once a month? Like on a regular 'schedule'.

There is something to be said for going every Tuesday, or Saturday, or whatever, regardless of time of year or conditions.

We learn to fish well even when it's tough. We learn the waters we fish better, having seen them at both their best AND worse.

No right or wrong here, but how many of us take something like this into account when we decide how to approach our fishing hobby (habit)? I know that if we were bowlers, we'd do it at least once a week. Many poker players have a 'weekly friendly game'. Most sports hobbies require at least weekly activities during their 'seasons'. If you can afford the time (in todays world it's getting more and more difficult), do you 'set aside' a time to fish?

I know that I used to, but pressures of work and life have intervened and I don't get to go as often as I'd like (actually, I don't get to go hardly ever from September through May, but once I get to Colorado in the summer, I fish a LOT...so I really can't complain...).

Just curious.

Buddy