That's one thing I dislike Cabela's! The one year warranty on most of their products. That's why I prefer to pay a bit more for better warranty products. I bought a pair Chota SLT Plus and after 1 1/2 years I noticed that the stitching in the back of one boot was coming apart and it ripped at the stitching on the other boot. I talked to Chota Customer Service and they had me send them in. A week later I had a brand new pair of Chota SLT Plus Wading Boots! They informed me that the stitching should not have come apart and the ripped leather was not acceptable on the other one. It only cost me the shipping charge to them. Now that's a company that backs their products! That's why I stick with Sage Rods, Ross Reels, Dyna-King Vises, Simms, Fort Shockley Fly Tying Stations, some Orvis and LL Bean products. It's not to say there are not other great Customer Service Companies, these are the companies that I know that have great Customer Services.

But this does little to help you because you're dealing with hunting boots. I feel your pain! Take-care.