I'm looking for suggestions for a rod blank for smallie fishing. I mainly throw size 4 and 6 streamers (especially sparkleminnows), wiggle minnows and skipping minnows- flies that shouldn?t be too much for a 6 wt. I?m leaning toward a lighter fast action 6 wt. rod that will handle the streamers but still have some power in reserve if I have to throw bigger poppers (with the realization that I won?t be chucking them as far as the streamers. For information, I would maily be using it on the Delaware River, where long casts are usually needed. I'd like your opinions on the best "cost-be-d@mned," as well as the best "bang-for-the-buck? blanks (knowing I'll probably be more swayed by the bang-for-buck opinions).

I'm presently using a 7 wt. Orvis Trident TLS TipFlex 9.5 that I picked up around 1999 (give or take a year or so), and it feels kind of soft when I use it for longer casts. I know I won't get any awards for casting, but I'm accomplished enough to know what I'm doing (easy to say with no witnesses!). As an afterthought, does anyone have any experience, knowledge, or opinions on this rod?

Thanks.

John