+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Going next weekend?: Arts of the Angler Show

Default Going next weekend?: Arts of the Angler Show

Hi,

Anybody heading to Danbury next Saturday or Sunday?

Jim Krul and the Catskill Museum always put on such a friendly show, and this year's, I think, is dedicated to helping out with the addition on the Museum. I think the evening auction is, too.

I should have room as usual if anyone wants to stash a coat in the booth, etc. And I'll have my traveling furled leader board I'd love to see your latest and greatest ideas - fun to share. David (my husband) and I will probably be side by side, so we should be easy to find.

Kat

Default Re: Going next weekend?: Arts of the Angler Show

Thanks Kat,,, hope you have a great time and a profitable one as well.

Normand Guest

is this the same show that was held at the college in january a couple of years back?

Thanks, JC

Normand, I suspect it will be similar, Jim Krul did that show, too. There's more info at:

www.cffcm.net (The Museum's web site).

The plans for the addition to the museum have boiled down to having an addition on the main floor, and maybe some remodeling of the building that has been the classroom (where we taught cane rodmaking (its a museum fund rainser, as well as a "fun-raiser" -grin) and all the kids programs take place, the gathering lectures, etc). Hoagy Carmichael donated much of Garrison's rod shop, and they have other ideas as well. Money is always tight for a mueum - last year the auction rod at the cane gathering paid for the needed re-painting outside. I hope this show does well for them.

Kat

Kat

Hi Normand:

This show is not the same as the fly fishing college that was always held in January. This was a new show that was started about two years back. The show is nice but it's no way like the fly fishing college that I use to attend and tye at in January. Any way the show will be a nice event and it's going to a good cause. The Fly Fishing Museum in Roscoe is beutiful and full of great fishing history. You will see some good tyers and there will be some vendors. The down side, is it does not rivel the January show that was discontinued.

Andy B

Normand Guest

andy,

r u tying at the danbury show?? or the tying symposium a week later??

Hi Normand:

I am only going to tie in two shows for the upcoming year. I will tie in April in Roscoe New York with my club I belong to the Catskill Fly Tyers Guild and in June at my other clubs function (Theodore Gordon) at the Clear Water Junction in June, again up in Roscoe New York. I really needed to take a break from tying in shows and would like to be just a face in the crowd enjoying the show and talking with some friends. If your going to be at the International Fly Tying Symposium this month, let me know I will meet up with you and have a beer or two.

Andy B

Hi,

Maybe this will help. Here's what the museum is posting about the show.

Kat

The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum presents?

The Arts of the Angler Show

November 10 & 11, 2007 at the Ethan Allen Inn, Danbury, CT
    Exit 4, off I 84 in Danbury CT (make right at exit and Inn is on right approx .5 mile)

An intimate show in an elegant setting with all of the features of a full fly fishing show.

Over 30 of America?s most recognized fly tyers, a selected group of vendors providing the finest in sporting and fishing collectibles, books, art and accessories, and the latest in fly tying and fly fishing tackle.

Programs each day and Programs, vendors, demonstrations, seminars Live Auction and more.

Fly Tyers Rich Bogardus, David Brandt, Farmer, Joe Fox, Jay ?Fishy? Fullum, Mickey Goshen, Ralph Graves, Bill Hrinko, Patrick Jordan, John Likakis, Bob Lindquist, Bruce Marino, Mike Martinek, Bob Mead, Bill Newcomb, David Nelson, Jack Pangburn, Ted Patlen, Roger Plourde, Paul Rossman, Tony Smith, Joe Soma, Harold Williams, Mike Valla, Gerald Wolfe, Leslie Wrixon, Catskill Fly Tyers Guild.

Collectible Dealers and Vendors: Bamboo Mike Longuil, Hank?s Sporting Collectibles, The Classic Fly Fisherman, Jerry Girard, Carlson Rod Company, David Foley Sporting Books, Beaverkill Traders, Perfection Fly Reel, Cortland Line Company, Housatonic Valley Rods, Badger Creek Flies and Supplies, The Fly Hatchery, Baxter House, MC Fly Fishing, Richard Bradley Reels, Mid Atlantic Fly Fishing Guide, Candlewood Valley Trout Unlimited and Club Corner, Sawdust & Stitches, The Bedford Sportsman, Above and Below H2O, Walton Hall, Anglers Den, Fly Fishing New England, Kelly Baker/Lon Blauvelt Bamboo Rods.

David Van Burgel: Catskill Cane Rod Making Class details

Programs:
    Saturday, November 10th
    10:30 Ted Patlen - Fun Flies
    11:30 Mike Longuil - Selecting Used Bamboo
    12:30 Fran Versoliva - Salmon River Review
    1:30 Floyde Franke - Playing Big Fish
    2:30 Kathy Scott - Furling Leaders
    3:30 Jerry Stercho - Fly Tying Tips ad Techniques

Sunday, November 11th
    10:30 Tom Farmer - Hair Bugs
    11:30 Fishy Fullum - Innovations in Fly Tying
    12:30 Keith Fulsher - Atlantic Salmon Flies & Fishing
    1:30 Mike Longuil - Bamboo Rod Refinishing Tips
    2:30 Fran Verdoliva - Salmon River Steelhead/Salmon

Special Dinner available after show and Live Auction at 7:00PM

For more information and auction items, visit the Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum website at www.cffcm.net or call 845-439-4810, email: flyfish@catskill.net

(Daily admission $10 to benefit the CFFCM).

Hours: Saturday 9:30AM - 5:00PM Sunday 9:30AM - 4:30PM

It?s all about fly fishing.

+ Reply to Thread