Yesterday I added my two cents worth to this thread. My fishing library is often comfort and entertainment to me, I get lost in a good book.

This morning, Thanksgiving Day morning, I went back and read the entire thread, and nowhere do I find any mention of Roderick Haig-Brown. Am I the only one who reads that Grand Master? Doubtful. I have a small collection of his books, about half a dozen, I even have one of the novels he wrote that is autographed by him. Here is a philosopher, a how to do it, where to do it, why do we do it kind of writer. He has done monumental works and entertaining novels. How any writer could create an entire book of good size, out of the life of a fish is amazing to me. Yet " Return to the River " is just that, and a good read, too.

Also, no mention of Robert Traver, aka John Voelker. He must be one of America's finest humorists. He didn't write a lot of books, but what he did are just plain good. Try " Trout Magic " for starters.

And for humor, don't forget Patrick McManus and his books. Start with " The Grasshopper Trap ".

Jim Johnson
Doublehauler
Bigfork, Montana