Made 3 trips to tha water, caught nothing. Probably because my line was in the water a combined 15 minutes between the 3 trips. 1st trip was at Moraine in RMNP, my partner was my six year old son, notice I did not say "fishing partner", first cast upstream and across was downstream of me before I even realized the cast went where I wanted it to go "Cast and whoosh.... oh yea mend." 2nd trip was with my 10 year old daughter who twisted her ankle on the way to the water. She let me cast a few times before the pain drove us back to camp. The 3rd trip was in Loveland. Friends house is about a half mile from the lake. "I'm going fishing" I says to the wife and I start walking. Half way there, KABOOOM, "no it will blow over". 3 blocks away from the lake it starts to rain. "I'm going fishing, can't let JC call me a wimp". I cross the road to the lake and FLASH, "boy some one has a big flash on their camera". Look around for some fishy spots and FLASH, "there goes that camera again". Find a spot pull out my reel and start to assemble things and FLASH, FLASH, FLASH. "Ok let JC call me a wimp I ain't sticking around here when God's trying to take flash pictures". Oh well this was the family's vacation, my fishing vacation will be in Minnesota the 1st week in August. Now to clean the basement so I have room to build the 3wt and learn to tie some bass and pike flies.

[This message has been edited by swen (edited 13 July 2005).]