Warmwater fishing has drawn to a close here in WNY. A large portion of my fishing this summer was done at my friends 1.5 acre pond, and most of those times I tagged along with my three and a half year old son. I'm happy to say that he did land his first fly (and bobber) caught fish (a sunny of course!), but the rest of the time we used worms, grubs or what ever other critters he could grab. We built a summer full of memories, and I would like to share a few pictures of some of these fish that he caught.
This LMB was caught on a night crawler, the picture is a little grainy, but notice the mouse that he had lodged in his throut when we caught him on the worm! This catch was his favorite fish story to tell to others.

The next is of a 14" Crappie, again caught on a crawler. Twice I caught very similar size Crappies (maybe even the same one since we C&R) in the exact same spot.

He, for obvious reasons has become enamored with fishing, and has caused my enjoyment of the sport to rise to new levels.
If you can, next chance you get, take a kid fishing.
Tom.