+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be All End All Fly Shop?

Default Be All End All Fly Shop?

My wife and I were day dreaming about winning the lotto like people sometimes do, and talked about some of the things we would spend a little money on. The conversation turned to certain stores she would definitely pay a visit to. Of course I said I would be laying down a chunk of money on gear. It brought up the question of a really high end fly shop. You know, someplace that has absolutely everything, caters exclusively to the long rod crowd, and only the well heeled portion to boot. Does such a place exist? I need this information very soon, because the Big Game multi-state lottery is up to $63 milllion, and I'll be winning it tomorrow night.

Default Re: Be All End All Fly Shop?

Bob Marriott's in Fullerton Ca. has most all of it. When I use go there i'd have to just take the cash I wanted to spend, and leave the credit card at home. I didn't trust myself to stay in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius62
    My wife and I were day dreaming about winning the lotto like people sometimes do, and talked about some of the things we would spend a little money on. The conversation turned to certain stores she would definitely pay a visit to. Of course I said I would be laying down a chunk of money on gear. It brought up the question of a really high end fly shop. You know, someplace that has absolutely everything, caters exclusively to the long rod crowd, and only the well heeled portion to boot. Does such a place exist? I need this information very soon, because the Big Game multi-state lottery is up to $63 milllion, and I'll be winning it tomorrow night.
    Yea, you can sum it up in 3 words Bass Pro Shop
    "If opera is entertainment, then falling off the roof is transportation".

Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Nothing I have been in in my entire life came close to being a thoroughly stocked shop. No way to keep that much stock on hand. On average, any particular shop I enter has between 20 and 40% of what I am looking for that day.

I have no idea where such a shop exists, especially since I'm not welcomed in places frequented by the "well heeled." I got too much "stuff" on my boots. Good Luck.

RS1, I don't know what planet you're from, but Bass Pro Shop is not exactly a Mecca for the fly angler. IMHO they are more of a Dollar Store when compared to Cabelas.

Joseph the Opinionated
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

You could try Jack Dennis' fly shop and department store in Jackson Hole Wyoming.
    Pretty high end.

Rickards in Jackson Hole, as good as it gets, speaking of such what do you all think of
    the new Henry's Fork Anglers, as for me I will really miss the old shop....

Take care

Steve

Give a River of Thanks to Our Troops
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Perhaps I could encourage you to travel? I guess that with 63m you won't mind. Anyway Australia has some fabulous isolated mountain streams, awesome impoundments in the south east for trout and salmon, further north for all the bass and barramundi you could hope for. Go offshore for bones, tuna, and so on blah blah blah.

Leave your gear at home, because you will be going to the "COMPLEAT ANGLER" in Sydney or Melbourne. You will see EVERYTHING you could ever need, be pandered to by snotty salespeople with handle bar moustaches and will pay far more that you would prior to that 63 million.

It's the one you are looking for!
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

I have no idea where such a shop exists, especially since I'm not welcomed in places frequented by the "well heeled." I got too much "stuff" on my boots.
    That pretty much sums it up for me too. (I wouldn't want to join any club that would have me a member).

I think if I walked into a shop that caters to the "well healed" they would call security and escourt me to the door post haste.

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread