This morning I was not feeling well, but determined that I wasn't sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Litter Patrol Sat. mornings in NO FUN!, because every Friday night, it seems the Litter Bugs throw more trash on the ground, than any other day. Gathering all my courage, I departed my Apt. and went to work. I wasn't disappointed! I didn't get far, before I had a full 13 gal. bag. I finally made my way across the Complex to the Office and visited a while with the Lindsay. During our conversation I excused myself and went to the bathroom (Still wearing my latex gloves!) My zipper came down just fine!, but what happened next proves you can't win some days. The tip of my latex glove got caught in the zipper handle, I tried to remove it!, but I finally ripped the tip of the glove, leaving just enough to JAM my zipper in the DOWN position! Folks I am a half a mile away from home and my zipper doesn't work! Previously I had my shirt tucked in, but I solved the problem by un-tucking it. So I'm back in business! A little while later, while picking up litter I noticed something green and when I got close to it, I was very happy to see that it was a Praying Mantis! I have loved these creatures for years, but it had been many years since I had seen one. This Praying Mantis was about three inches long and very young. I placed it on my hand and it sat there contently. They are amazing! Not like regular bugs. I used to have one in an open aquarium and I fed it grasshoppers. Praying Mantis & Ladybugs are used in organic Farming because they are predatory. I can only imagine how unhappy a bug community gets when a Praying Mantis flies in.
I put him back on the ground and came home. Now I'm rooting for the UO Ducks to beat USC!!! Update! 24-17 DUCKS WIN!!!!!
Doug