While we're on the subject of matching (or mismatching) lines and rod and reels (another thread), I have a question less theoretical on a pair of surf and flats outfits: With a pair of identical reels plus spare spools, and an 8 rod and an 8/9 rod, what would you suggest doing with the four spools. If we bought them, my wife and I would fish them mostly at the same time, so there could/should be some level of basic duplication. It could be complete duplication, with each having a changeable shooting head system on one reel, and, say, a rocket taper floating line on the other. But it seems that once you have a shooting head system, you have floating, intermediate, and sinking/sinking tips covered, and the spare spools are not needed. That is, why not do the system all the way, with the running line on one spool, and a vest full of tips?

And given Lefty Kreh's suggestion of underlining and overlining according to conditions, there could be a couple of sizes of a type of shooting heads, here and there.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated,

Busbee