Over the years, I have taken a friend of mine to a lovely little hole, on a lovely little stream, that holds lovely LARGE trout. I never fish it when he's around. I always get him set up, and let him have at it. He's an accomplished angler, and usually fishes well --- BUT, he has come to name this stream "Nemesis Creek".

You see, the lovely little hole, on the lovely little stream does hold lovely large trout. My friend always (and I do mean always) hooks one of these large trout and he always (and I do mean always) loses them. It never fails. He's lost them on live bait. He's lost them on spinners. He's lost them on dries, and just recently, he's lost them on nymphs.

Over the weekend, he lost another beauty. There was a moment of dread on his face, then he and I just burst into laughter. "Nemesis Creek" had bested him again! On the way back to the car he commented on just how fitting it was that he'd lost yet another trout in that hole.

"The day I retire," he said, "I'll come back to that hole, I'll tie on that little Copper John, and I finally land one of those guys." I hope I'm there when he does.

So...do any of you have a "Nemesis Creek?"