Hi I am in the process of refurbishing a Bamboo rod for my husband and this is my first time, for Christmas. I am having a problem with the sets that are in the rod. They both are right at what I call the knots of the bamboo, and they make the rod quite crooked. Is there a way to straighten this area, and make it so it is barely noticeble? I tried taping the bends to a stright dowel to see if that would take the set out, NOPE, so I dont know what elese to do. I have already ordered the Struble Reel Seat Nickel Silver w/ Abalona Burl insert, and the Portgese Cork Half Wells Grip and just need to get the Agate Stripper Guide and the Tip Top, and the oter guides in Nickel silver and I ready to put it all togethere yet there is this set problem, can anyone give me advise?

Or I also have another Tonkin Cane rod, with the word Spinner in gold Scripted on it but didnt know if I should mess with it as someone told me it may be a collectors item, and it is straight as an arrow, and in wonderfull shape.

So what do you guys think??????