Here in SC things are starting to get really rough as far as shortage of water goes here. Has anyone else noticed that the fish they are catching are smaller not in lenght but mainly in gurth due to what I think is lack of things like hoppers and ants. I also have had to start fishing much earlier in the morning or almost after dark to catch much of anything. I know here the heat is finally starting to give way but will this long term drought and prolong heat have an effect on fishing in the next couple of years. Or is it just the circle of life doing its thing. What can we do as concerned ffishers in order it insure that there are blue gill to be caught in the comming years. Yes I know that some of you will say that the blue gill is like a roach and will be here long after we have gone but the places I am fishing there are much fewer of the over the last couple of years.

Is it ethical to fish when mother nature already has so much pressure on them. Or is the best thing to do is thin them out so there will not be so much pressure?

Thanks in advance
Jason