The Teton reels (including the Tioga) have a patented drag system based on neoprene discs. I have two of those reels (and 8 and a 6), but I can't truly say that the drags have been tested. Other than that, I like the reels. Maybe someone else can say something about how good the drags are.

Most people consider reels with cork compression drag systems to be the best. The reason is that cork compresses under pressure and therefore cork drags have low startup inertia -- which is what results in having a "smooth" drag. So when a fast moving fish (like an albie) takes the fly, there isn't an iniitial "shock" as the drag starts up. No personal experience speaking there, because the bottom line is that I can't afford such reels.

Many other companies have patented drag systems, Lamson/Waterworks, Nautilus and so on, based on different materials and theories about drags.

My personal opinion, probably not worth much, is that the Tioga is great for the kind of fishing I do nearly %100 of the time -- which is stripers/blueflish. If I could afford to go after albies or bonefish frequently, maybe I would feel differently. But that will have to be in my next lifetime.

Those are great prices on those Teton reels you cited -- you wouldn't want to share where you got them, would you?

(The line/backing capacity of all Teton reels is posted on their website.)