+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fly Fishing School recommendation NE

Check out the West Branch Angler Resort and the Delaware River Club. Both are on the West Branch of the Delaware, approximately 3 hours away from the city. There is Joan Wulff's school as well on the Beaverkill. You could talk to Charles at the Bedford Sportsman in Bedford Village. You can take the train right to it.

Fish while you can,
    FFMachine

FFMachine. Thanks for the schools. Unfortunately my bad experience was with one of those. I was hoping someone had personal experience with any of the schools and had a good experience as well. I would really like to go to montana where Jason Borger is having a fly casting clinic where he is doing research with an orthopedic surgeon as to biomechanics but it is a little out of my budget though not out of my desire. Thanks though.

Wandy,

It depends on your objective what instruction you should seek. Do you want to learn to cast or fish or learn entomology or all three. I reread your post and I suspect you went to the Delaware River Club. Having never been to a fly fishing school or the DRC I cannot comment on the quality of their instruction. However, do not be dismayed with the Delaware, it can humble even the most experienced fishermen or guides. It is the most technically challenging river I have ever fished, but for this reason it is also one of the most rewarding. I have not used a guide on the Delaware in a number of years, but I can recommend several good ones I know if you like. A good guide can teach you all three aspects on a guided float trip if you make it known up front what you want. If you want just casting instruction go to this link:
    [url=http://www.fedflyfishers.org/certification/CertNENC.htm#NEW%20YORK:b8810]http://www.fedflyfishers.org/certification/CertNENC.htm#NEW%20YORK[/url:b8810]

This is a list of FFF Master certified casting instructors in New York and other states.

Fish while you can,
    FFMachine

ohwandy, nearest train station is in Hartford, about 20 minutes from the gun club
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

+ Reply to Thread