+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sox in the Series

Default Sox in the Series

The Sox vs the Rockies... Is it even a challenge? I say just give the Sox their rings since the only way they could lose now would be if they choke (which is actually pretty likely).

GO SOX!!!!!

Default Re: Sox in the Series

Wasn't there another post recently about "eating crow?" Hmmmm...

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

shadesofsisyphus,
    This the Word I thought of after reading your Post, http://www.websters-online-dictionary.o ... indecisive
    "Don't Count Your Chickens Until Their Hatched."
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I grew up in Wyoming. Sorry, Im rooting for the Rockies

Rockies are gonna win. Deal with it.

nen-bran

Edit: Bad wording the first time....English class may not be that much of a help after all.

Quote Originally Posted by nen-bran
    Rockies are gonna win. Deal with it
    Are we watching the same game?
    Denver looks like deer caught in the headlights
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

i AM not watching the game. I just got finished with homework...ugh. But i have faith in my team.

Best Believe, nen-bran

nighthawk Guest

It will be interesting to see the effects of altitude sickness on the Sox. Even the most physically fit player will suffer ill effects after a week at that altitude if they are not acclimatized first. The BoSox are definitely not acclimatized! That takes more than a week. The Sox are used to playing on a field the size of a postage stamp. Coors Field is big and the ball carries well there. A lot more running, on a bigger field, at an altitude you are not acclimatized too will only aggravate any altitude illness you will have. It can weaken you to the point where you will be lucky just to have enough strength to hit the ball to the outfield.

How do I know this? I am a Pirates fan and proud of it! You American League teams do not have any teams at that altitude. Just ask any National League team what it's like to have to play a 3 game set at that altitude. Most teams are only there for 4 days but the Sox will be there for a week. Good luck. It normally takes about a week to recover once you are at the altitude you normally live at.

Better win while you are in Bean Town and keep the Rockies from winning in your park.

Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    shadesofsisyphus,
    This the Word I thought of after reading your Post, http://www.websters-online-dictionary.o ... indecisive
    "Don't Count Your Chickens Until Their Hatched."
    Doug

My indecision knows no bounds sir . The fact that the Sox have been the kings of choking, so-to-speak, is undeniable. My main fear in this World Series is that they will somehow all break an ankle at the same time thus giving the Rockies a chance

I actually wondered why I didnt get altitude sickness when I moved to Bozeman, sea level living to 4800 feet should have caused something, but all I got was a stuffy nose from the incredibly dry air. So I hope that people as "physically fit" as professional baseball players would be ok dealing with it as well.

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread