+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Georgia Water Problems

Default Georgia Water Problems

http://www.macon.com/220/story/165544.html
    Lake Lanier seems to be the issue, since the Corp of Engineers is releasing water to protect freshwater mussels.
    Does anyone have any opinions on this situation??
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Re: Georgia Water Problems

They only mention the mussels so as to trivialize the issue
    There's a lot of fish being protected here too.
    It seems to me a compromise may be in order
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Since trout breed in the Chattahoochee River, the Corps is required to release enough water to prevent a major fish kill. Let's face it, there is only so much water to go around in a drought year. Decisions are going to have to be made in Georgia, and perhaps other places.

Ed

RonS81 Guest

My step-son lives in the Lake Lanier area. When visiting a few years ago, this warm water fisherman bought waders and wading boots, to fish the Chattahoochee under the dam. I didn't catch any fish but loved it. Because of this beautifull area, this type of fishing is something I want to learn and continue trying.

It really bothers me to see the photos of the lake. I pray that needed rains come soon and end the drought, in this area and others effected.

I have written on this sort of issue many times as have others. In simple terms, the environment can be protected if enough people put some effort into it UNTIL the public (of which we are part of) starts running out of something. Then we loose. This is true of narural gas, petrolium, water, and other resources. At that point the situation becomes political and gets decided by politicians or judges who have no expertise in the area. The sad part about it is, there is a better way. In the auto industry as well as many other manufacturing concerns, systems such as QS900X and DFMEA's have been established to work out problems which span different disciplines. It is such a shame to see this hapening over and over. Kolke Creek was just one other example where this all could have been avoided.

If you are curious, on my website (www.HATofMichigan.org) on the environmental page, you can read what my opinion is. I would be curious as to what you all feel. This is only going to get worse as resources get thinner and demand grows.

Godspeed,

Bob Bolton

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Save the fish. We can drink bottled water.

+ Reply to Thread